Connect from Home using Remote Desktop
This guide will explain the step by step process of connecting from home with remote desktop.
(NOTE: This guide assumes you have Windows XP or Windows Vista. For MacOS, you can use Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac. For other clients, please email Computer Support).
- On your home computer, click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Accessories.
- In the Accessories menu, point to Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.
- In the Computer box, type the address of the terminal server: 220.127.116.11 (or ts2.caes.ucdavis.edu).
- When the Log On to Windows dialog box appears, type your user name, pre-pended with "AD3", password, and then click OK. For example, User name: AD3\username.
- The Remote Desktop window opens, and you see the desktop settings, files, and programs that are on the terminal server. The terminal server remains locked, and nobody can access it without a password. No one will be able to see the work you are doing remotely.
To end your Remote Desktop session:
Click Start, and then click Log Off at the bottom of the Start menu.