Application Development (evals)
Ace Department Settings
- Changing the department name is mostly useful if you have multiple departments with the same or similar names. Or if it was incorrectly set when the department was created.
- Your scale applies to all your questions, except the global questions determined by the Academic Senate.
- The scale and scale terms are defaulted when your department is initially setup.
- You can only edit the department settings if there are no open evaluations.
- You must have a scale term for each term value.
- The terms will be displayed to the student from the highest value to the lowest value.
- Do not include a “N/A” term. One will be added automatically for all non-global questions.
Text Box Length
- You may specify a maximum number of characters (including spaces) that a student my use for each question with an answer type of “text” or “Numeric & Text”.
- If you want an unlimited amount of text, leave this blank.
- If you have a limit, the student will be warned as they approach that limit and be prevented from entering too much text.
- The warning only appears when there are 49 characters or less remaining.
- You do not have to specify a default term.
- If the term displayed in the upper right of the screen is not correct, you may change it from within the department settings.
- You may set the default term back to whatever the current term is by choosing “–Select a Term–”