This guide will explain the step by step process of connecting to the Remote Desktop server to access The Food Processor software.
The steps below will walk you through the process of accessing the Remote Desktop server that contains The Food Processor software. This access is available to all students who are registered for NUT 112, NUT 116 AL, and FSM 120.
For Windows devices, the Remote Desktop app is already installed on your computer (skip directly to connection instructions below).
For Apple devices, you must first obtain the correct Remote Desktop app for your device:
If you are unable to login to the Remote Desktop server that contains The Food Processor software, please email email@example.com for assistance.
To connect to the Remote Desktop service:
- From any internet connected computer, use a web browser and go to access.labs.caes.ucdavis.edu
- Login with your UC Davis email address and Kerberos passphrase (be sure to enter your full UC Davis email address for the username, not your Login ID)
- Click on the Nutrition Remote Desktop Connection, which will download the connection shortcut to your computer (via a .rdp file)
- Run the downloaded file to start the connection
- If you are prompted to trust the publisher for "remote.labs.caes.ucdavis.edu", click Connect
- Login again with your UC Davis email address and password.
- The Remote Desktop session will open and you will be able to use The Food Processor software through the Remote Desktop session.
To end your Remote Desktop session:
Click Start, click your name/picture on the left side of the start menu, and click Sign out.
Things to know:
- While multiple people can access the Remote Desktop server simultaneously, your session is only accessible to you and nobody can access it without a password. Furthermore, no one will be able to see the work you are doing remotely.
- The Remote Desktop session will disconnect after 30 minutes of inactivity and logoff after 30 minutes of being disconnected.
- Box Drive is not supported on the Remote Desktop Server. If you need to access documents in Box, use ucdavis.box.com.
- For Mac computers, first download and install the Microsoft Remote Deskop app from the App Store.
- For iPhones, first download and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app for iOS from the App Store.
- For iPads, first download and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app for iPadOS from the App Store.