Use this guide to self-enroll in the Duo MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) service used on campus with a cell phone (non-smartphone).
UC Davis is enforcing a new security measure to protect campus computing accounts, known as Duo MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication). Essentially, when your campus computing account is protected with Duo, it means that in addition to your UC Davis username and password, you’ll need a third thing which only you can access, when you authenticate using your campus computing account. We recommend using a smartphone as that third thing as almost all iPhone/Android/Windows Mobile phones will work.
If you are unable to use a cell phone (non-smartphone) for any reason, please consider one of the other methods below or create a Helpdesk ticket for further assistance.
Enroll other devices in Duo:
To enroll in Duo with a cell phone (non-smartphone), please complete the steps below:
- Open a browser and go to https://computingaccounts.ucdavis.edu
- Click on the Manage Account Services link
- Fill out the requested information and click Submit Information
- Enter your UC Davis LoginID (username) and click Continue
- Select the option for "IDUO" and click Continue
- Follow the instructions for the appropriate prompt below:
- If prompted to start enrolling in Duo, click Start setup
- If prompted to choose an authentication method, use one of your existing Duo devices to authenticate
- If you have existing devices setup on your Duo account, click + Add another device
- Click the option for "Mobile Phone" and click Continue
- Enter the 10-digit phone number in the box provided
- Check the box to verify the entered number is correct and click Continue
- If prompted to verify ownership of your phone number:
- Click Call me or Text me based on your preference
- Enter the code you received via call or text in the box provided and click Verify
- Click Continue
- Select the option for "Other (and cell phone)" and click Continue
- Visually verify that the phone number displayed matches your mobile device phone number
- (optional) Select an option for what to automatically do when prompted for Duo
- (optional) To enroll other devices, follow the instructions for the varoius devices using the links above
If you currently access your Office 365 mailbox using the built-in Mail app on an iPhone or iPad, you must remove and readd your email account after Duo is enabled on the mailbox, which generally takes about 15-60 minutes to process. If you need assistance with this, please create a Helpdesk ticket.