Use this guide to self-enroll in the Duo MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) service used on campus with a tablet.
UC Davis is enforcing a new security measure to protect campus computing accounts, known as Duo MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication). Essentially, when your campus computing account is protected with Duo, it means that in addition to your UC Davis username and password, you’ll need a third thing which only you can access, when you authenticate using your campus computing account. We recommend using a smartphone as that third thing as almost all iPhone/Android/Windows Mobile phones will work.
If you are unable to use a tablet for any reason, please consider one of the other methods below or create a Helpdesk ticket for further assistance.
Enroll other devices in Duo:
To enroll in Duo with a tablet, please complete the steps below:
- Open a browser and go to https://computingaccounts.ucdavis.edu
- Click on the Manage Account Services link
- Fill out the requested information and click Submit Information
- Enter your UC Davis LoginID (username) and click Continue
- Select the option for "IDUO" and click Continue
- Follow the instructions for the appropriate prompt below:
- If prompted to start enrolling in Duo, click Start setup
- If prompted to choose an authentication method, use one of your existing Duo devices to authenticate
- If you have existing devices setup on your Duo account, click + Add another device
- Click the option for "Tablet" and click Continue
- Select the type of tablet and click Continue
- On the tablet, install the "Duo Mobile" app from the app store
- On the computer, click I have Duo Mobile installed
- On the tablet, launch the "Duo Mobile" app and click the "+" button at the top
- NOTE: If you are prompted to grant the "Duo Mobile" app access to your camera, select the option to approve the request.
- Using the camera on the tablet, scan the barcode/QR Code displayed on the computer
- On the computer, click Continue
- On the computer, click Dismiss to close the Enrollment Successful screen
- (optional) Select an option for what to automatically do when prompted for Duo (automatic push is recommended)
- (optional) To enroll other devices, follow the instructions for the varoius devices using the links above
If you currently access your Office 365 mailbox using the built-in Mail app on an iPhone or iPad, you must remove and readd your email account after Duo is enabled on the mailbox, which generally takes about 15-60 minutes to process. If you need assistance with this, please create a Helpdesk ticket.