Use this guide to reactivate the Duo MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) app on a previously activated smartphone.
If you have replaced your smartphone, reset it back to factory configuration, or removed and readded the Duo Mobile app, you will need to reactivate the Duo Mobile app on your smartphone with your Duo account. To do so, please follow the instructions below.
If you are unable to reactivate the Duo Mobile app on your smartphone for any reason, please create a Helpdesk ticket for further assistance.
To reactivate the Duo Mobile app on a previously activated smartphone, please complete the steps below:
- Open a browser and go to https://computingaccounts.ucdavis.edu
- Click on the Duo Multifactor Authentication link
- Authenticate using your campus computing account
- Choose a Duo authentication method:
- If your smartphone has the same phone number as before, use the Call Me or Enter a Passcode options
- If your smartphone has a different number from before, select a different device from the Device dropdown (if available)
- If you are unable to use one of the options listed above, please create a Helpdesk ticket for further assistance.
- Next to the device that you are trying to reactivate, click Device Options
- Click Reactivate Duo Mobile
- Select the type of smartphone and click Continue
- If it is not already installed, on the smartphone, install the "Duo Mobile" app from the app store
- On the computer, click I have Duo Mobile installed
- On the smartphone, launch the "Duo Mobile" app and click the "+" button at the top
- NOTE: If prompted to grant the "Duo Mobile" app access to your camera, select the option to approve the request.
- Using the camera on the smartphone, scan the barcode/QR Code displayed on the computer
- On the computer, click Continue