This guide will explain the step by step process of connecting to the CAES Virtual Computer Lab using a web browser.
Due to the current Operational Status of the campus, physical access to the CAES Computer Labs is prohibited. As such, the CAES Dean's Office Computing Resources Unit has implemented a Virtual Computer Lab to support online teaching.
The steps below will walk you through the process of connecting to the Virtual Computer Lab using a web browser. This access is available to all students who are registered for a course that has a lab reservation.
NOTE: If you are unable to login to the Virtual Computer Lab but are registered for a course that has a lab reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To connect to the CAES Virtual Computer Lab:
- From any internet connected computer, visit the Remote Desktop Web Client website
- Login with your UC Davis email address and password
- Click on the icon for Virtual Lab and click Allow on the "Allow local resources" dialog
- On the "Enter your credentials" dialog, enter your UC Davis email address and password
- The Remote Desktop session will open and you will be able to use the remote Windows session.
- NOTE: During login, there may be a brief delay where only a black screen is visible. Your session will load momentairly.
To end your CAES Virtual Computer Lab session:
Click Start, click your name/picture on the left side of the start menu, and click Sign out.
Things to know:
- While multiple people can access the Virtual Computer Lab simultaneously, your session is only accessible to you and nobody can access it without your passphrase. Furthermore, no one will be able to see the work you are doing remotely.
- Sessions will disconnect after 60 minutes of inactivity and logoff after 60 minutes of being disconnected.
- The CAES Dean's Office Computing Resources Unit only supports access to the CAES Virtual Computer Lab using the web browser steps above. If you do not want to use the supported web browser method to access the Virtual Computer Lab, you can follow the instructions listed below for your device.