How to connect to UC Davis’ Remote Desktop solution for DaFIS.
Before you begin: If you're unsure you've been granted access to DaFIS, please contact the business office manager.
1. Click the Windows Start Orb and in the search box type as much of "Remote Desktop Connection" as needed to reveal the icon at the top of the menu.
For Windows 7 – Right click on "Remote Desktop Connection" and select "Pin to Taskbar".
Optional: Right click on "Remote Desktop Connection" and select "Pin to Start Menu".
2. Click on "Remote Desktop Connection" or one of the two icons created optionally above.
3. In the window labeled "Remote Desktop Connection" Click on "Options" to expand the view.
4. In the field "Computer" enter "dafisconnect.ucdavis.edu" without quotes.
Optional: Make a desktop shortcut to DaFIS Connect by clicking on “Save As”, selecting the Desktop folder and naming the icon “DaFIS”.
5. In the field "User Name" enter your uConnect/XEDA credentials in the following form:
Optional: Check the box marked "Allow me to save credentials"
6. Click "Connect" and when prompted enter your uConnect/XEDA/Kerberos passphrase.