This guide will explain the step by step process of accessing Slack remotely.
While Slack does offer Windows and MacOS tools that can be installed on all Dean's Office managed computers, when accessing Slack from a personally owned computer or the Remote Desktop service provided by the Computing Resources Unit, the online web portal for Slack should be used.
Accessing Slack from a personal computer or the Remote Desktop service:
- Navigate to ucdavis.slack.com
- Login with your UC Davis email address and Slack password
- This may, or may not, match your UC Davis Computing Account credentials.
- If you have forgotten your Slack password, you can use the "Forgot password?" link below the Sign in button.
- You should now see the Slack channels and messages that you normally see