Use this guide to schedule a public Zoom meeting.
The instructions below will walk you through the process of scheduling a Zoom meeting, without a password, that can be joined by anyone, but if you encounter any issues, please create a Helpdesk ticket for further assistance.
Scheduling a meeting from your computer:
- Using a browser, sign in to Zoom
- Select Meetings from the left menu column
- Click the Schedule a Meeting button
- Fill out the the various fields on the Schedule a Meeting page and click Save
- IMPORTANT: Uncheck the Meeting Password option to insure it can be accessed by anyone.
- The following fields are important to note:
- Meeting ID: You cn choose to have the Meeting ID randomly generated or use one specific to your account.
- Enable join before host: If you want the participants to be able to meet before you join, or if you are not intending to join the meeting yourself, check this box to insure they are able to use the meeting room in your absence.
- Audio: You can enable participants for joining via phone only, computer only, or both.
- To the right of "Invite Attendees", click Copy the invitation
- Send the invite details (copied above) to the participants